Senior Accountant - Hospitality
McWhinney is a progressive, innovative, and well respected real estate development and management company - we seek to create significant, meaningful impacts in all that we do.
The Senior Accountant – Hospitality will report to and support Director of Accounting by providing timely and accurate financial analysis, budgeting, forecasting, researching and other reporting duties as assigned. The Senior Accountant will clearly communicate historical financial results as well as forecasted financial expectations of selected entities to business partners, investors, and management. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for working closely with the Accounting Services team to ensure month-end close deadlines are met.
Job duties and responsibilities will include:
- Participate in a project to align our financial reporting to USALI standards. Assist in setting accounting standards and developing procedures that reflect best practices in the hospitality industry.
- Initial financial statements are prepared and submitted by our hotel management companies. The senior accountant reviews the financials, and imports data into Yardi, where it can be combined with McWhinney financial statement data.
- Prepares accurate monthly/quarterly/annual financial reports for internal and external reporting for assigned entities.
- Prepare and review financial statements to ensure accuracy, clarity, and professionalism. Submit for review by Director of Accounting timely to ensure submitted to Executive Team by the end of the month following the quarter end.
- Work with developers and operations management to maintain monthly rolling 24 month cashflow forecasts for each entity by 12th business day of each month. Anticipate significant forecasted cash transactions such as distributions, contributions, and loans.
- Prepares accurate budgets annually.
- Manage accounting for all equity transactions, and maintain waterfalls for all assigned entities.
- Quarterly reconciliations (equity pick-ups, investments in subs, etc.) of activity.
- Prepares trial balances and requested support for tax return preparation.
- Prepares audit schedules and supports annual audit process.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting and a minimum of four years relevant experience; strong GAAP knowledge
Strong hospitality accounting experience is required. Familiarity with USALI is required
Certified Hospitality Accountant (CHA) designation is required
Strong knowledge of hotel operations
Experience working for hotel ownership firm (private equity, development, investment, etc)
Excellent analytical, quantitative, written and verbal communication skills
Strong project management skills
Intermediate excel skills
McWhinney offers a competitive benefits package for full-time Associates including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k), and employee assistance plan. Additionally, we offer a generous paid time off plan that includes a week off between Christmas and New Years!
McWhinney is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all associates. All employment decisions at McWhinney are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!