Senior Financial Analyst - Asset Management
The Senior Financial Analyst supports the asset management team through strategic, daily management of the financial performance and operational performance of the office, industrial, retail and mixed-use portfolios. This role gathers and analyzes financial data, evaluates against budgets and key financial benchmarks and interprets trends, forecasts, financial results, and develops recommendations to maximize asset value. Findings from this process are then compiled for quarterly internal and external reporting purposes. As opportunities arise, this role’s scope of work may also include underwriting leases, loan refinancing, acquisitions, dispositions, and ownership buyouts.
- Internal Asset Management Reporting: Maintain and update all required internal periodic reports, including property tear sheets, capital plans, maps, and comp sets for each asset in the commercial and residential portfolios.
- Internal Quarterly Valuations: Assist in evaluating existing assets by preparing ARGUS and Excel based cash flow models, including multi-tiered partnership waterfalls.
- External Reporting: Design/build, improve upon existing Investor Reporting templates. Prepare deliverables/packages summarizing highlights, requirements, market information, and other financial data. Coordinate across departments (accounting, operations, finance, legal, etc.).
- Cash Flow Calculations / Review: Calculate IRR, NPV, equity multiples and partnership waterfall distributions. Prepare or review estimates for annual distributions of surplus cash.
- Market Research: Perform market research by tracking comparables, supply / demand, rate trends, and news in the submarkets around active development projects, and develop methods of retaining this information in an organized way over time.
- Ad hoc: Work on projects and requests as needed (i.e. lease or loan abstract creation, lease analysis, miscellaneous income sources/scenario evaluation, hold / sell analysis, dispositions, refinancing, ownership buyouts, etc.)
Qualified candidates for this position will have a related four-year degree and a minimum of three years of financial analyst experience. This position is ideal for an individual with prior experience in commercial acquisitions. A successful candidate must demonstrate excellent analytic ability, strong attention to detail, advanced Excel skills, working knowledge of Argus Enterprise, Yardi and Global Software Spreadsheet Server (a plus). Candidates must demonstrate flexibility in a complex and changing organization and the ability to adapt to changes in structure and work priorities.
This position will report to the Asset Manager of Commercial and Multifamily properties.
McWhinney offers a competitive benefits package for full-time Associates including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k), and employee assistance plan. Additionally, we offer a generous paid time off plan that includes a week off between Christmas and New Years!