Finance Manager - Master Planned Communities
The Finance Manager for Master Planned Communities will serve a key role in supporting the financial management of Centerra and a large mixed-use development project in Northern Colorado, and all other area land holdings. This position requires extensive financial modeling, forecasting and management reporting experience, an analytical mind, and a strong understanding of finance and accounting. The position also requires excellent presentation and communication skills, a working understanding of the real estate development process, and a strong work ethic. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, analysis of real estate development opportunities, creation of and tracking of complex capital and joint venture structures, creation of long term community-wide financial models, due diligence, and ad hoc financial analysis. It also includes extensive market research across all asset classes, contract review, creation of residential segmentation plans, tracking and reporting of residential home sales, and various projects as may be assigned from time to time.
- Maintain and create project pro formas and budgets
- Create overall life of project pro forma and work with manager to update on regular basis
- Calculate residual land values for sale to residential builders
- Assist in calculating option and land lease prices
- Create complex capital and joint venture structures and associated waterfalls
- Understand and model Urban Renewal Authority, Metro District, Retail Sales Fees, Public Improvement Fee revenue streams and available reimbursements. Requires working with district staff
- Assist in updating business plans
- Create tracking tools and reports for project activities, such as infrastructure construction, development tasks, land transactions, etc.
- Gather market analyses and comparable sales data to help in determine prevailing prices and rates for residential, multi-family, hospitality, retail, industrial, office, etc. properties
- Understand market dynamics and maintain comparables database
- Assist in acquisition and/or disposition of strategic land parcels
- Work on ad hoc projects and requests as needed
- This position requires 5-10 years of progressive experience in real-estate financial modeling and financial management.
- A bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience, in finance, accounting, business or other related field required
- Master's degree preferred.
- Very strong Excel modeling skills
- Experience in real estate, investment banking, or accounting/management reporting
- Understanding of cash flows and calculating IRR, NPV, equity multiples and partnership waterfall distributions
- Ability to function as a team player
- Excellent presentation skills
- Good phone and email communication skills
- Ability to interact in challenging situations with tact and diplomacy
- Ability to communicate well in writing
- Comfortable self-managing projects and initiating learning
- Accuracy in daily work
- Ability to meet communicated schedules and deadlines
McWhinney offers a competitive benefits package for full-time Associates including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k), and employee assistance plan. Additionally, we offer a generous paid time off plan that includes a week off between Christmas and New Years!