Development Project Coordinator
McWhinney is currently seeking candidates for a Development Project Coordinator. This role is responsible for a wide variety of tasks supporting the Senior Project Manager including overall project document control, soliciting and evaluating proposals, cost reporting, invoice documentation and administration, tracking of certificates of insurance, and managing the assembly, execution and distribution of all contracts. Supporting the administration of all third party design & construction contracts, coordinating with project municipalities, providing support in documenting meetings, project walks and punch lists. Coordinate as necessary with design & construction vendors, provide business support services including calendaring, facilitation and coordination of meetings, document distribution and administration of project action items lists.
Specific Job Related Tasks Include:
- Manages project files including setup, filing, distribution, and physical/electronic maintenance. Update contract documents, both paper and electronically, on an ongoing basis to ensure that an accurate record set is always available.
- Coordinates with the project’s municipality, and Design Review Board if applicable, in submitting for and obtaining design, building permits, entitlement and development approvals, including research on the municipality process and permit and development fees. Tracks submittals, review comments, and approvals, distributing to team members as required.
- Assists in project start-up, including preparing bid documents and Request for Proposals (RFPs) for distribution to selected architects, engineers, and general contractors. Helps procure bids from selected contractors/vendors and creates summaries for the evaluations of the proposals.
- Supports PM in the collection, verification and maintenance of insurance certificates from all outside vendors during and after projects through the statute of limitations.
- Supports PM in drafting contracts and Professional Service Agreements. Creates and arranges all required contract exhibits. Manages the execution and distribution of all contracts. Assists project accountant in entering contracts and change orders in cost management software.
- Supports the PM in the cost controls for the project including cost management worksheets, coordination with accounting on monthly updates and draw requests (including tracking lien waivers, verification of stored materials and other lender requirements), and final cost accounting prior to turning over to operations.
- Supports the PM in documenting meetings, project walks, punchlists, and the administration of third party design and construction contracts.
- Coordinates with design & construction vendors to ensure they have the information needed in a timely manner as requested by the PM.
- Assists in the project closeout process including obtaining project as-builts and Operation and Maintenance manuals, hard copy and electronic copy document storage, scheduling and documenting punch lists, obtaining final photography, client satisfaction surveys, and client testimonials.
- Provide administrative support to the team including calendaring, travel itineraries, coordinating meetings, document distribution, and other general support as necessary.
- The successful candidate will possess exceptional organizational, communication and customer service skills and have the ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team.
- We are seeking candidates with a minimum of two to three years of experience in Real Estate Development, Architecture, Construction Management or experience in a municipality’s Building Department,.
McWhinney offers a competitive benefits package for full-time Associates including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k), and employee assistance plan. Additionally, we offer a generous paid time off plan that includes a week off between Christmas and New Years!