Mixed Use Developer
The Mixed-Use/Land Developer provides a broad range of support and coordination to the Senior Vice President of Mixed-Use Development for all of the development activities he is responsible for, including both the pursuit and execution of large-scale, mixed-use, highly sustainable, place-making-oriented projects in multiple markets throughout the U.S. Primary focus is on urban infill sites with a combination of multi-family, office, retail, and hospitality uses. Amongst other duties, responsibilities for the position would include:
- Collection and maintenance of market research data in target markets, including land sales comps and other relevant data. Research tools could include outreach to brokers, Costar, market reports, etc.
- Assist with development feasibility evaluations for specific properties, including researching ownership information, zoning code and other regulations, etc.
- Broadly support the SVP in the management of external relationships with brokers, architects, development partners, public sector partners, etc.
- Assist with financial underwriting/pro forma modeling analysis prepared for prospective and existing development projects.
- Coordinate the execution and management for all Mixed-Use department contracts for a wide range of consultants.
- Assist with first level evaluation of prospective pursuit opportunities, including reviewing and providing recommendations on property offering packages, RFPs, etc.
- Support the SVP in the preparation of detailed and extensive development proposal packages in response to RFPs issued by public- and private-sector land owners.
- Assist SVP with preparation of presentations for internal and external audiences. Specifically, support preparation of packages for the company’s Investment Committee, Board of Advisors, and Executive Committee.
- Support development team with securing land use entitlements for projects, including attending public hearings.
- Provide updates to area associations and civic groups on a periodic basis; gather feedback from such groups and determine how best to utilize such input to the benefit of the project.
- Work with the project team to establish and track project metrics.
- Contribute to team input on project design for vertical and land development projects.
- Assist with other duties and special projects as may be assigned from time to time (i.e. implementation of sustainability best practices, researching smart city/technology initiatives, etc.), including providing occasional support to the Vice President of Community Development/North Park General Manager.
- Provide limited administrative support including coordinating meetings, meeting note taking, and other general support as necessary.
- Follow and model McWhinney’s Purpose, Promise, Path and Principles.
- A passion for real estate and/or the built environment
- 2-4 years in real estate, finance, or investment banking
- Excellent communication sills, including strong writing and presentation skills
- Basic understanding of real estate finance and some experience working with pro formas
- Strong Excel skills
- Detail oriented and a commitment to accuracy in daily work
- Ability to meet schedules and deadlines
- Comfortable self-managing and initiating learning
- Willing to travel occasionally
- Ability to function as a team player, if not get great satisfaction from being part of a team
- Ability to interact in diverse situations with tact and diplomacy
- An MBA, Master of City Planning, or related degree is preferred.
McWhinney offers a competitive benefits package for full-time Associates including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k), and employee assistance plan. Additionally, we offer a generous paid time off plan that includes a week off between Christmas and New Years!