Sr. Hospitality Financial Analyst - Asset Management
The Senior Hospitality Financial Analyst supports the asset management team through strategic, daily management of the financial performance and operational performance of the hospitality portfolio. This role gathers and analyzes financial data, evaluates against budgets and key financial benchmarks and interprets trends, forecasts, and financial results, and develops recommendations to maximize asset value. Findings from this process are then compiled for quarterly internal and external reporting purposes. As opportunities arise, this role’s scope of work may also include loan refinancing, underwriting, acquisitions, dispositions, and additional development related tasks.
This position will report to the Asset Manager of Hospitality properties.
- Internal Reporting: Develop, update, and maintain all required internal periodic reports and models. Aggregate necessary data from internal and external sources to develop budgets, cash flow forecasts, capital plans, and market forecasts in order to create and protect individual asset and portfolio value.
- External Reporting: Design and build investor reporting tools that indicate the state of investments by summarizing financial performance and market information at a property and portfolio level. Coordinate the collection of this source information across multiple departments including accounting, operations, finance, legal, etc.
- Internal Valuation and Cash Flow Management: Assist in evaluating existing assets by preparing Excel based cash flow models, including multi-tiered partnership waterfalls. Calculate IRR, NPV, equity multiples and partnership waterfall distributions. Prepare estimates for annual distributions of surplus cash for review.
- Market Research: Perform market research by tracking comparable information, supply, demand, rate trends, and news in the submarkets around active development projects. Develop and maintain organized methods of effectively retaining and disseminating this information throughout the organization.
- Ad Hoc: Work on micro and macro tasks as needed. A sample of these responsibilities includes agreement or loan abstract creation, contract and agreement review, miscellaneous income source and scenario evaluation, hold/sell analyses, dispositions, new project underwriting and due diligence, refinancing, and model creation.
Qualified candidates for this position will have a related four-year degree and a minimum of two years of financial experience in the hospitality industry. This position is ideal for an individual with prior experience in hospitality operations and hospitality analysis. A successful candidate must demonstrate excellent analytical ability, strong attention to detail, advanced Excel skills, and strong finance and accounting knowledge. Candidates must demonstrate flexibility in a complex and changing organization and the ability to adapt to changes in structure and work priorities.
McWhinney offers a competitive benefits package for full-time Associates including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k), and employee assistance plan. Additionally, we offer a generous paid time off plan that includes a week off between Christmas and New Years!