Executive Assistant - Legal
McWhinney is looking for a detail-oriented professional to join our team as an Executive Assistant. This role increases the Legal Department’s efficiency and effectiveness by providing administrative and support duties.
- Plans, coordinates, and manages executive’s schedule to maximize use of time. Prioritizes and handles matters quickly and efficiently.
- Provide support for legal department team members and consultants in finalizing legal documents, assembling signature pages and other projects as assigned.
- Accurately review, proofread and assist with any materials, including documents, reports, memos, briefings, presentations, forms and other items ensuring accuracy and completeness
- Assist with producing print-ready documents for review by lawyers and/or consultants
- Acts as first point of contact for external phone calls, voicemails and visitors, controlling those to be handled by executive.
- Manages mail and email
- Communicates directly and on behalf of the executives with others as directed, providing effective and timely communication.
- Coordinates and schedules meetings and travel as directed.
- Researches, compiles and analyzes data for cycled administrative items (e.g. expense reports) and special projects; prepares routine reports and summarizes for executive as directed. Often tracks and keeps executive on track with project deadlines.
- Follows and models McWhinney’s Purpose, Promise, Path and Principles.
- Assist with planning of annual or periodic legal events hosted by McWhinney’s Legal Department.
- Track and submit GC and AGC expense reports monthly
- Manage and monitor legal invoicing procedures
- Manages records in accordance with procedures
- Assists in development of new procedures and programs for Legal Department
- 5-10 Years administrative experience; legal assistant work preferred
- Experience managing legal documents
- Familiarity with Legal Tracker / Serengeti preferred
- Proficiency with excel is an asset
- Strong technology skills and ability to learn and adapt to new technology platforms
- Obtain and maintain notary license
- Strong attention to detail
McWhinney offers a competitive benefits package for full-time Associates including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k), and employee assistance plan. Additionally, we offer a generous paid time off plan that includes a week off between Christmas and New Years!
McWhinney is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all associates. All employment decisions at McWhinney are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.