Sr. Technical Support Engineer
The Technical Support Engineer based in Denver is the most visible representative of the IT Team in a professional business environment, and acts as the primary point of contact for all corporate locations regarding end-user IT support needs. The goal of this role is to provide stellar support experiences to internal and external customers while ensuring desktop effectiveness, efficiency, and security.
- Provides timely desk-side and remote troubleshooting, support, installation, and upgrade of PC hardware, software, operating systems, Cisco phones, and mobile devices including regular, pro-active auditing of PC health and desktop network troubleshooting.
- Acts as primary point of contact for all corporate locations regarding end-user questions, troubleshooting, connectivity, and application challenges including assistance with conference room equipment for meetings.
- Manages helpdesk ticketing system.
- Monitoring and prioritizing all incoming tickets during business hours.
- Providing initial response to all incoming tickets within 8 business hours, and high priority tickets within 4 hours
- Communicating regular updates to requestors until case resolution, and
- Assigning helpdesk tickets in a timely fashion to self, or others on the IT team if required.
- Performs hardware, software, and PC networking diagnostics and completes repairs and enhancements.
- Responsible for day-to-day Office 365administration including trouble shooting Outlook and mobile device connectivity, calendar issues, and monitoring the Office 365dashboard for Service Health alerts. Initiates contact with Microsoft technical support when appropriate, and keeps Vice President of IT apprised of broader service impacting events.
- Coordinates the technical aspects of onboarding and terminating Associates including preparation and testing of PCs, credentials, email addresses, business contacts, desk phones, appropriate software subscriptions, and mobile devices. Upon termination, ensures that Associate access is terminated timely, information is properly removed from systems such Active Directory, Unified Communications system, Office 365, MDM system and all subscription licenses are canceled or recouped for future use.
- Under advisement of the terminated user’s manager, determines requirements, and configures redirecting of emails, and phone/voicemail, including cancellation of forwarding services at an agreed upon future date.
- In coordination with Sr. Technical & Enterprise Applications Engineer, schedules, and executes computer equipment installations, upgrades, and lifecycle replacement projects including package creation for automated software deployment.
- Monitors existing technical tools and proposes changes and/or solutions to ensure integrity and effectiveness of desktop hardware, software, operating system, and mobile devices.
- Identifies ongoing end user training needs regarding office technology and provides recommendations to Vice President of IT.
- Provides formal, and informal end-user training on applications and systems
- In coordination with the rest of the IT Team, assists the Multifamily and Development teams with procurement and configuration of appropriate office/building technology for new multifamily offices and building common areas.
- Coordinates and tracks loaner equipment such as laptops and projectors, ensuring that equipment is returned in a reasonable timeframe and is available for future requests.
- Acts as primary contact with mobile carrier (Verizon) in procuring and activating devices, tracking/documenting mobile device deployment, reviewing accounts, and getting devices replaced or repaired as necessary.
- Performs basic management and moves/adds/changes of phone configurations in Cisco Call Manager such as extension creation, configuration of Single Number Reach, Extension Mobility, Voicemail, and PIN resets.
- In-depth knowledge of Windows 7, Windows 10, and Mac OS
- Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve complex Windows issues related to connectivity including: DNS, DHCP, and use of command line tools like nslookup, tracert, ipconfig, etc.
- Proven experience managing Office 365 products and licensing
- Experience managing a Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform such as MS InTune or Maas360
- Proficiency with software deployment packages (e.g. installation scripts, SCCM, PDQDeploy)
- Hands-on experience managing an enterprise VoIP system (Cisco UC preferred)
- Working knowledge of advanced Windows troubleshooting and management including registry modifications
- PC Hardware installation and repair including hard drive and memory replacement
- Active Directory account management including password resets, membership changes for Security Groups and Distribution Groups, OU moves, and User/Computer GP management
- Hands-on experience with SCCM, MDT, and WDS including building and maintaining Windows images
- Skilled at resolving end-user mobile device issues
- Experience successfully troubleshooting end-user VPN and Citrix connectivity issues
- Familiarity with SharePoint Online permissions and Webparts
- Ability to communicate with McWhinney Associates at all levels of the organization including discerning the appropriate level of detail based on roles and personalities
- Ability to drive to either the Denver office, or Loveland office occasionally for work, as well as flexibility to drive to remote multifamily properties as needed
- 5 - 7 years of technical experience required.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- A+ and/or Network+
- MS Hyper-V
- Exchange Online management
- Familiarity with scripting languages such as HTML, CSS, and PowerShell
McWhinney offers a competitive benefits package for full-time Associates including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k), and employee assistance plan. Additionally, we offer a generous paid time off plan that includes a week off between Christmas and New Years!
McWhinney is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all associates. All employment decisions at McWhinney are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.