Commercial Real Estate Lease Administrator
McWhinney is looking for an exceptional person to provide fabled service as a member of our Property Management team.
The Commercial Real Estate Lease Administrator will be responsible for the duties as outlined below.
- Works with lease drafts and various types of transactional agreements with real estate management and leasing departments. Examples of documents include commercial retail and office leases and amendments; license agreements; estoppel certificates; subordination, non-disturbance, and attornment agreements (SNDA’s); letters of intent (LOIs); settlement agreements; lease guarantees; lease commencement agreements; telecommunications agreements; and other documents related to real estate transactions.
- In collaboration with Property Management, Leasing and Landlord’s legal counsel, assist with and prepare redline responses to counter-offers made by prospective tenants and their legal counsel.
- Research and interpret lease language in consultation with Property Management and Legal departments, and provide information and guidance related to real estate and lease matters, as requested by property managers, brokers, or principals of the company.
- Review and interpret lease terms from broker-provided deal spreadsheets and LOI’s.
- Review and confirm that dollars agreed to in LOI’s have been translated accurately into lease documents. Proofread and validate drafts of legal documents.
- Facilitate and track routing and signature of various documents, forms and lease documents.
- Files, faxes, scans and distributes lease documents and other correspondence for execution and distribution.
- Receives and sets up all lease documents into corporate electronic filing cabinet in accordance with system requirements and inputs all lease provisions in Yardi.
- Acts as overall controller of original lease documentation and maintenance of master lease files.
- Prepare abstract leases.
- Assist property managers and leasing brokers with all aspects of processing lease documents from inception through execution.
- Utilize, update and manage all tools and resources to manage workload, including checklists, databases, logs and/or other related reporting tools.
- Work with other company departments, e.g., Legal, Property Management, Accounting and Asset Management as necessary.
- Must have a minimum of five years commercial real estate experience.
- Paralegal experience is a plus.
- BA/BS with related experience or Associate Degree required.
- Advanced level of proficiency in Word, Outlook and Excel
- Extensive experience with drafting documents including redlining and comparison features.
- Ability to handle a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments while delivering consistent, high quality deliverables to property managers, brokers, attorneys and clients.
- Consistently provide high level of attention to detail to assure accuracy.
- Ability to calculate prorated rent and assist with common area maintenance (CAM) calculations.
- Ability to work with little supervision and to seek help when needed.
- Ability to build strong internal and external relationships.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to think independently while working within a group.
- Follow and models McWhinney’s Purpose, Promise, Path and Principles.
McWhinney offers a competitive benefits package for full-time Associates including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k), and employee assistance plan. Additionally, we offer a generous paid time off plan that includes a week off between Christmas and New Years!
McWhinney is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all associates. All employment decisions at McWhinney are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.