Investor Relations Coordinator
The Investor Relations Coordinator supports the Corporate, Accounting and Legal teams in the communication with and intake of subscription documents from investors and the maintenance of corporate entities. This individual has primary responsibility for distributing securities offering information, investor questionnaires and subscription documents to investors, tracking intake and retention of investor documents, following up with investors and their advisors for missing or incorrect items, and updating legal documents under the supervision of the Legal Department. The successful individual will be highly-detail oriented, efficient, collaborative, and have a strong interest in implementing and improving securities and entity compliance practices. This role reports to the Associate General Counsel.
- Distribute private placement memorandums, and other presentations to investors at the request of the Chief Investment Officer using materials prepared by the Corporate and Legal Departments.
- Prepare and coordinate applications, forms, documents and reports for the Secretary of State for establishing new legal entities as well as renewal of existing entities.
- Prepare and coordinate entity related documents, reports, and ancillary materials.
- Manage filing requirements and monitor compliance for a large portfolio of corporate entities.
- Coordinate distribution and execution of confidentiality agreements, when appropriate.
- Assist in the preparation and coordination of quarterly updates to accounting firm regarding new entities, operating agreements, amendments, assignments, transfers, and dissolutions.
- Conduct mail-merges, system uploads or similar procedures for investor document distributions and contributions, with a high level of accuracy, in compliance with Legal Department policies and accounting calculations.
- Receive completed investor subscription materials from Legal Department, applies mail merge or distribution protocol as appropriate and distributes materials to investors.
- Carefully reviews investor documents for accuracy in accordance with established protocol.
- Manage and retain detailed and organized library of all documents submitted by investors in manner that is accessible to affected personnel.
- Coordinate with Accounting and Finance Departments regarding the establishment of bank accounts for new legal entities.
- Coordinate with Accounting departments on the receipt and tracking of investor funds, and the transfer of funds among different entities in connection with transaction closings.
- Assemble paperwork submitted by investors.
- Proactively works with Legal Department to develop, update and maintain accurate checklists for compliance.
- Assist in the development and implementation of an investor relations portal.
- Transmit final fully-executed documents to outside investors.
- Review and finalize exhibits for accurate reflection of investor capital contributions.
- Interact directly with investors and their advisors by phone and email. Utilizes strong customer service skills, professionalism, and follow up in communicating with investors and their advisors.
- Maintain investor information and administer documents and investor accounts within any investor management system utilized by the company.
- Receive and coordinate requests from investors related to modification of their investments and entities.
- Review LLC agreements and similar entity formation documents for errors in accordance with established protocol.
- 3-5+ years of experience as a corporate paralegal or investor relations support role
- Very strong communication and presentation skills
- A dedicated customer service orientation
- Strong to advanced computer skills (Excel, Word, Adobe, Powerpoint
McWhinney offers a competitive benefits package for full-time Associates including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k), and employee assistance plan. Additionally, we offer a generous paid time off plan that includes a week off between Christmas and New Years!